Are you looking to join a fast-growing team that works with the world’s most exciting brands? ASTOUND Group is hiring an Accounting Manager to join our award-winning team. ASTOUND Group is independently owned and one of North America’s fastest growing, exciting and creative global design fabrication house based in the U.S. and Canada. We’ve completed amazing design and builds at the world’s largest stages – 29 countries to be exact – with offices in Las Vegas, San Francisco, Portland, and Burlington. And we’re not the only ones who thinks our global work is awesome. Deloitte, Profit Magazine and Event Marketer – to name a few – have recognized us formally with top 50 and 200 rankings for delivering exceptional work for our clients and employees.Now enough about us. Let’s talk about you. Please apply now if you meet the below criteria to fill an Accounting Manager role in our Las Vegas operations facility.
This position will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer in our Operations facility in Las Vegas.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting departments in US, including accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, fixed asset activity, raw materials management, payroll, expense reimbursement, bank account and credit card reconciliation, timely collection of receivables etc.
- Responsible for month end closing activities including reconciliation, inventory valuation and journal entries.
- Responsible for monthly local, state, and federal government reporting and tax filings
- Produce monthly and quarterly and annual financial statements for the US entities, manage consolidation process
- Work with COO/CFO to establish annual budget, and to maintain budget control throughout the year
- Prepare weekly cash flow projections, review, and plan cash outflow
- Manage foreign exchange and seek to minimize losses and maximize gains on any foreign exchanges
- Prepare various managerial reports including sales reports, margin reports, job costing reports, operating expenses versus budgets & forecasts etc. Produce intercompany transactions.
- Support currency revaluation/translation process
- Produce payroll by initiating computer processing, printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Maintain and reconcile employee benefits programs.
- Develop comprehensive reports, abstracts, and charts for executives
- Coordinates with the accounting firm for annual financial statements review/audit
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures
- Resolve complex accounting issues or assist other departments in resolving financial issues
- Supervise and provide training to staff members
- Coordination and administration of the benefits program, workplace safety, OSHA compliance.
- Maintain an organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions
- College/University accounting degree/diploma
- Certification from a recognized professional accounting association (e.g. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience as an Accounting Manager
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Hand-on experience with Payroll, preferably in union labor environment
- Knowledge of US Taxation, Nevada Sales tax and Use tax.
- ERP system experience
- Microsoft Office Skills especially Excel is a must.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple assignments, meeting deadlines.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Great attention to detail.