Permanent Full Time
The AutoCAD Detailer is responsible for the development of detailed CAD drawings for the fabrication of displays, exhibits and other special projects.
This position involves a variety of complex and independent duties centered on the creation and management of fabrication drawings in accordance with ASTOUND standards. This requires steady communication with other departments, team members and in some cases, outside vendors. As an integral part of the fabrication team the AutoCAD Detailer may be asked to support conceptual design, fabrication processes (including CNC), and onsite installations.
- Industry experience as a AutoCAD Detailer (3 years minimum)
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent competency with latest version of AutoCAD
- Quality and cost conscious
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Follow ASTOUND detailed drawing guidelines pertaining to data storage location, naming conventions and drawing layout standards.
- Analyze and translate design deliverables into concise drawings and documents suitable for fabrication, specifying material, hardware, electrical/lighting specifications and building techniques in accordance with requirements
- Prioritize workload to ensure on time completion of jobs
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Production Manager to generate solutions taking the following criteria into consideration:
- Fabrication capabilities
- Available materials / material utilization
- Shipping methods
- Set-up capabilities
- Support Design Department during conceptual and developmental phases as required
- Support Estimating and PM teams to develop cost estimates as required
- Support Installation teams with visual documentation and set-up drawings