Are you looking to join a fast-growing team that works with the world’s most exciting brands? ASTOUND Group is hiring a Carpenter to join our award-winning team.
ASTOUND Group is independently owned and one of North America’s fastest growing, exciting and creative global design fabrication house based in the U.S. and Canada. We’ve completed amazing design and builds at the world’s largest stages – 29 countries to be exact – with offices in Las Vegas, San Francisco, Toronto and Oakville. And we’re not the only ones who thinks our global work is awesome. Deloitte, Profit Magazine and Event Marketer – to name a few – have recognized us formally with top 50 and 200 rankings for delivering exceptional work for our clients and employees.
Now enough about us. Let’s talk about you. Please apply now if you meet the below criteria to fill a Carpenter role in our Oakville operations facility.
This position will report directly to our Production Manager in our Operations facility in Oakville, Ontario.
- The ability to follow blueprints and building plans.
- Sound knowledge of woodworking tools and methods of all aspects of carpentry, from building of large structures to cabinetry.
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, metals and other materials, using hand and power tools.
- Install interior and exterior structures and fixtures
- Help erect, level, and install building frameworks
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Able to provide knowledge to junior carpenters.
- Able to provide customer service.
- Experience in installation of elements for the trade show industry and larger interior and exterior projects.
- Mechanical knowledge an asset.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Detail oriented
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Dedicated team-player
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.