ASTOUND Group is independently owned and one of North America’s fastest growing, exciting and creative global design fabrication house based in Oakville. We’ve completed amazing design and builds at the world’s largest stages – 29 countries to be exact – with offices in Oakville, Toronto, Las Vegas and San Francisco. And we’re not the only ones who thinks our global work is awesome. Deloitte, Profit Magazine and Event Marketer – to name a few – have recognized us formally with top 50 and 200 rankings for delivering exceptional work for our clients and employees. And we are Looking for a construction estimator.
- Complete detailed cost estimates for prospective projects; including permanent and temporary installations, museum exhibits, millwork projects and general contracting.
- Perform quantitative takeoffs for construction projects
- Assist in maintaining and updating SAP (Standard ASTOUND Pricing) for use as a companywide tool.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, and suppliers for pricing, new product information and become a product expert in as many areas as possible.
- On occasion, attend Design Solution meetings and contribute ideas for design, meeting budget criteria.
- Provide consultation to the Design group on cost effective solutions and “Value Engineering” to help the designs come in on budget.
- Support the business development group by providing consultation on solutions throughout the sales cycle in order to win new business.
- Participate in creating RFP and bid/tender submission packages, providing pricing, technical data, production timelines, etc. as required.
- Participate in process, procedure, and pricing tool upgrades for the Solutions & Estimating department.
- Working based in the Oakville office
- Other Duties as requested by the direct report
- Working knowledge of millwork fabrication, materials and construction methods
- Capable of reading and understanding construction contracts, drawings and documents
- Construction and/or Architecture education or experience considered a strong asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an estimating or project management role
- Detail oriented and organized
- Positive attitude and can be a good team player
- Strong time management and scheduling skills
- High skill level working with MS Excel
- Proactive, self-starter style work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with SalesForce.com is considered an asset
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.