The primary role of the Digital fabrication lead is to take ownership and provide oversight of the entire digital fabrication process from the detailing of the 3D model to the production of the finished part. The digital fabrication
- Stay current on the latest building methods, digital fabrication techniques
andequipment to help drive efficiency.
- Provide leadership and inspiration to the Digital Fabrication team encouraging individual growth and improvement
- Review and interpret 3D models and drawing packages as provided by project design and provide feedback for improvement and modifications.
- Develop sound, reliable processes for producing complex 3 and 5 axis parts
- Provide technical support and act as an advisor as required for business development.
- Lead production and/or solution meetings as required to ensure project efficiency.
- Oversee the production of working files for all CNC machines using cut optimization software
- Manage the process for the production of detailed drawings for fabrication projects and installations.
- Provide direction and files for cutting to lead
operatorto ensure efficiencies and efficient machining process.
- Ensure that all operators are performing the required maintenance procedures on the digital fabrication equipment on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the department maintains an accurate tooling and equipment usage record.
- Review tool usage and longevity and make recommendations for improvements as required.
- Must comply with and support company and industry health and safety standards
- Works well under tight timelines
- Maintain up-to-date records of hours spent on each project
- Must perform other related duties and general tasks that are assigned
- Industry experience AutoCAD, Solid Works, Rhino
- Proficient in 3ds Max (with V-Ray) and Adobe Creative Suite
- The ability to produce efficient and cost-effective CNC programming
- Familiarity CNC routers and nesting
- Able to use cut optimization software
- Strong creative eye
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to read blueprints
- Strong math skills and good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team setting.