Temporary Full Time
We need a Financial Analyst to join our finance department and manage the major reporting and reconciliation duties for our company. We’re an award-winning design & fabrication company that specializes in the delivery of state-of-the-art exhibits, events & environments around the world. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for accounting and analyst related duties, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accuracy in all areas. DESIRED BACKGROUND:
Experience in accounting, finance
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Financial software knowledge (Intacct knowledge is a plus).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Tradeshow or project management accounting experience is a plus.
- GAAP and SEC reporting experience is preferred but not required.
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail and analysis skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Self-starter & takes directions well
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts monthly and yearly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts
- Conducts regular ledger maintenance
- Gathers and logically organizes financial data
- Assists with creation & management of data reporting for other departments and managers
- Assists with forecasting financial information and analyzes variances
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Performs general and specific accounting procedures of varying degrees of complexity
- Prepares the accounting for unique or complex transactions
- Manages and audits raw material purchases, allocation, and count
- Manages fixed asset and amortization schedule
- Manages accounting software data, analytics, reporting, settings, and troubleshooting
- Maintains and reconciles employee benefits programs
- Assist with creating new reports and reporting features.
- Assist reviewing accounting team member's work
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.