The role of the Graphics Sales Specialist is to work directly with the VP, Business Development and Graphics Manager in the support and growth of our customer base. The Graphics Sales Specialist will manage the customer relationship from the point of prospecting, to the initial sale and throughout the order production process. At ASTOUND, the Sales Team works in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive and quota-driven. The Graphics Sales Specialist must be capable of managing the day-to-day communications of existing clients and onboarding new prospects and clients. A strong predictor of success is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptionally strong customer service skills, is detail oriented and has a passion for exceeding client expectations.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of our client’s business – competitive brands, key markets, competitors, strategies, consumers and target
- Grow client revenue and oversee client profitability, resulting in year-over-year growth
- Lead new business opportunities through internal process: qualifying opportunities, lead/oversee pitch process, own deliverables (RFP or pitch deck)
- Act as subject matter expert on best practices bringing to bear significant experience and insight daily
- Prioritize each day efficiently and cost-effectively coordinate the workflow within the graphics department
- Work with the assigned Project manager to determine the best output method based on the customer’s needs and/or budget.
- Coordinate production-ready files for all graphic design aspects of an exhibit project including: signage, text, illustrations, photographs, finishes and a variety of other visual communication devices.
- Research and evaluate materials including printers, substrates, ink, etc. used in the production of exhibit graphics.
- Organize and maintain folder structure and file management for the graphic department.
- Keep electronic files of all the graphics used per job in the designated folder on our graphics server.
- Proactively develop and enhance technical knowledge.
- Quality check graphic production work to ensure consistency.
- Assist with packaging and shipping of final graphic work, artwork, etc.
- May assist in graphic production – vinyl, prints, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Take ownership of all new accounts (both self-derived and assigned) and drive the overall sales strategy
- Broad knowledge of Graphic production, pricing and application including, but not limited to; die-cut vinyl, dye sublimation, tension fabric, standard uv/solvent/latex printing on various medias with application to various substrates.
- Knowledge of routers, laser cutters, digital flatbed cutters, and other substrate cutting and forming.
- Advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets, all Adobe Creative Suite products, and printer RIP programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5 or more years in similar role, Exhibit industry experience is preferred.
- This position is technical in nature and requires knowledge of industry fabrication methods, carpentry, metal work, paint production, tension fabric, and other techniques.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders throughout the sales process and ensure the delivery of a winning proposal
- Work closely with the graphics and estimating team throughout the cost estimating process in order to drive the proposal to sign off
- Establish and maintain excellent relationship with clients
- Ensure client expectations are in alignment with all aspects of the opportunity (price, timelines, deliverables, etc.)
- Attend relevant Trade Shows, Hotel/Casino/ Speedway functions and networking sessions to generate new sales opportunities
- Achieve both sales target and target win rate
- Enter all Contacts and Opportunities into Salesforce and maintain 100% accuracy rate in Salesforce input and update
- Gathers market research with regards to competitor pricing, products, service, and sales techniques.
- Communicates client’s needs, trends in industry and other competitive advantage information to ASTOUND.
- Maintain a positive mindset, encourage teamwork, and act as a brand ambassador for ASTOUND
- Embrace ASTOUND'S Mission Statements and Values in order to be successful in its ever-evolving and expanding workplace