ASTOUND Group is independently owned and one of North America’s fastest growing, exciting and creative global design fabrication house based in Oakville and Las Vegas. We’ve completed amazing design and builds at the world’s largest stages – 29 countries to be exact – with offices in Oakville, Toronto, Las Vegas and San Francisco. And we’re not the only ones who thinks our global work is awesome. Deloitte, Profit Magazine and Event Marketer – to name a few – have recognized us formally with top 50 and 200 rankings for delivering exceptional work for our clients and employees.
ASTOUND is seeking a Graphics Specialist to assist in the processing of client-supplied art files for production, create graphic proofs for approval, process graphic orders with vendors and work with physical graphics.
- Prioritize each day efficiently and cost-effectively schedule the workflow in the graphics department
- Prepare detailed graphic proof sheets, including outlining sizes for production, placement of graphics, printing and substrate details and any applicable Pantone colors.
- Execute new graphic design requests that have provided artwork or require modifying existing artwork to new specification for internal/client review and production.
- Work with the assigned Project manager to determine the best output method based on the customer’s needs and/or budget.
- Confirm the sizes of graphics through blueprints and actual measurements of the constructed exhibit before printing
- Inspect jobs for accuracy before sending them to the plotter or printer. Ensure correct material is used for each job and output device setting are accurate.
- Prepare production-ready files for all graphic design aspects of an exhibit project including: signage, text, illustrations, photographs, finishes and a variety of other visual communication devices.
- Prepare files for a wide variety of external and internal suppliers and producers
- Research and evaluate materials including printers, substrates, ink, etc. used in the production of exhibit graphics.
- Research and keep files on vendors for outsourcing any graphics we cannot produce in house (e.g. fabrics).
- Participate in project download sessions and interdepartmental communication.
- Organize and maintain folder structure and file management for the graphic department.
- Keep electronic files of all the graphics used per job in the designated folder on our graphics server.
- Proactively develop and enhance technical knowledge.
- Quality check graphic production work to ensure consistency from GWO to printed piece.
- Assist with packaging and shipping of final graphic work, artwork, etc.
- May assist in graphic production – vinyl, prints, etc.
- Plan and lay out artwork for assigned projects; provide clear instructions and prepare final layouts for production team in a clean and organized format.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with the most current software applications used for design and the creation of pre-production files.
- Thorough knowledge of materials and methods used to produce superior quality graphics.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret design documents, technical procedures manuals, and client requests.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects and working well under pressure with little supervision.
- Skilled in identifying color variances.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate in a team context.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Communicates with other employees in a calm and professional manner.
- Willingness to learn new methods of production.
- Flexibility is a must. Workload will occasionally demand late nights and weekends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (or other visual communication degree).
- At least (3) years in Graphic Design and pre-press experience.
- Minimum (3) years of experience operating printer and vinyl plotter (preferred, not required)
- Minimum (3) years Trade Show industry experience.