Permanent Full Time
This position oversees the installation and staging departments (Internal and External) its personnel, and equipment. At times, this position will be hands on with the installation of the projects assigned while ensuring everyone in the department adheres to the safety and quality standards set out by the Company.
This position is expected to display a high degree of leadership within the team and will be a key resource in supporting the project management team as well as the members of the installation department in order to ensure safe, efficient and quality installation completion. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing support to the project management and fabrication teams throughout the lifecycle of all projects.
- Ensure thorough planning and preparation by install staff and external labour of all project elements (parts, tools, etc.) prior to installation;
- Coordinate with project managers, designers, and installers on each installation to plan out efficient installation;
- Hold all installers to the highest level of accountability for the overall quality control of the final product;
- Perform site visits for measurements, site surveying, and/or to evaluate methods for fabrication and installation;
- Ensure all reports are completed on a daily basis to a high standard of accuracy;
- Implement processes and procedures to increase efficiency and decrease timeline of install;
- Participate in the coordination of the travel arrangements with PM and Installer
- Travel within and outside of Canada for installations when required;
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive network of labour resources
- source, book and coordinate labour as required to ensure the successful completion of all projects.
- Negotiate preferred rates with labour suppliers and ensure quality service
- Coordinate project and shop labour services as required
- Assist in or lend resources to fabrication teams in order to complete projects and lend input from the installation point of view;
- Manage time and material cost budgets for installation as required.
- Advise on designs issues as necessary;
- Assist and coordinate staging by ensuring al installers and fabricators pay strict attention to detail and quality;
- Carry out packing and testing as coordinated by Project Managers; Ensure professional presentation and guaranteed safe delivery are provided by packing crates using pre-determined method;
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Ensure the organization and maintenance in good working order of the tools and equipment assigned to and used by the install department;
- Ensure cleanliness of the warehouse, particularly, but not limited to, the areas and/or any machinery used by the install department – coordinate with area foreman;
- Other duties as assigned.
PERSONNEL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensure all installer timecards, timesheets, and daily reports are submitted and are accurate;
- Participate in employee review and disciplinary process;
- Identify training needs and requirements for installation team;
- Ensure all installers follow and adhere to all laws and regulations in addition to any Eventscape policies;
- Maintain a safe work environment by performing work in accordance with the Ontario Health & Safety Act as well as with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy;
- Ensure all appropriate personal protective equipment is worn when required;
- Report any workplace hazards to management.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.