Reporting to the Sr. Project Designer, the key role of the Jr. Project Designer is to take concepts or fully designed models and create complete and detailed shop drawings for fabrication use, ensuring all details are captured and BOM’s are accurate. Working close with the other Project designers, the goal of the Jr Project Designer is to learn process, machine capabilities and fabrication best practice to become a full Project Designer.
- Review and interpret provided images, details, and requirements to convert into concept models.
- Produce comprehensive drawing packages (submittal, working, shop, and as-built drawings) that will be used throughout all stages of the project lifecycle (coordination, fabrication, outsourced vendor quoting, and installation) to ensure that the work is produced quickly and accurately
- Source and provide recommendations on project-specific materials
- Produce project-specific bill of materials, material specs, hardware specs, and quantities as required by the Project Management department for procurement
- Communicate directly with the Sr Project Designer to determine finishes and details while adhering to the client’s budget, timeline and quality standards
- Work collaboratively with the Project Design department and production team, providing ongoing project support and feedback as required
- Attend internal and participate solutions meetings to brainstorm and develop design solutions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Please note that these roles and responsibilities may be amended by your Manager.
- Ideally a recent graduate with a degree in Architecture, Engineering, industrial design or product design, that wants to continue to learn.
- Proficient in Solidworks.
- Experience in Rino, CAD, Sketchup or Equivalent 3D manufacturing software an asset
- Salesforce knowledge is an asset
- Enthusiastic team player
- Multi-tasking multiple projects
- Strong creative eye
- Attention to detail
- Quality and cost-conscious
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem-solving skills