The Operations Coordinator role is to coordinate in a timely manner with all project stakeholders in regards to production related job requests and project deadlines. They must ensure all organization and communication between ASTOUND shop personnel, PM’s, AM’s, and all other project stakeholders. The Operations Coordinator must be cognizant of scheduling and operational support, including the following: to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines and stay within budget, overseeing suppliers, be the key point of contact for production details and scheduling responsibilities, as well as all internal communication, work orders, and coordinating the efforts of team members within all departments of ASTOUND. The Operations Coordinator, will oversee the quality control throughout the entire execution of the job and ensuring all communication to shop is done in a clear concise manner. They must communicate proficiently and habitually to ensure that all related personnel at ASTOUND are up-to-date.
- Work with management in coordinating and planning production activities.
- Assist in creating and maintaining production capacity based on forecasted and active projects.
- Place orders for Production consumables and track usage
- Assist management with departmental recruitment and onboarding.
- Provide administration assistance when needed.
- Prepare and review internal documentation for management and production staff.
- Monitor and manage production schedules for timely delivery.
- Coordinate and monitor the flow of work between Designers and production units.
- Coordinate with marketing teams for advertisement placements if required.
- Communicate production status to management regularly.
- Develop training documents, standards procedures, and production guidelines for staff.
- Work with Managers to coordinate, plan and delegate daily work responsibilities to production staff.
- Build positive working relationships with co-workers to achieve productivity.
- Maintain budget and financial records according to company policies.
- Keep a current inventory log and assist in maintaining Inventory Database to ensure Lean production initiative.
- Proofread company documents before printing and releasing.
- Develop work orders and schedules for upcoming productions.
- Stay current on company projects and branding.
- Microsoft suite knowledge
- Discuss and implement areas for improvement and enhancement based on industry knowledge and experience.
- Ensure the organization and maintenance in good working order of the tools and equipment assigned to and used by the departments.
- Ensure cleanliness of the workplace by working closely with the Production team.
- Act as a critical member of the Safety Committee to ensure the work environment is safe and compliant
- Provide training to all Astounds employees for safety and Salesforce activities
- Successful completion of bachelor’s degree in business administration, construction, project management, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a coordinator position in a manufacturing or construction environment.
- At least a year of experience working in a custom fabrication environment in an administration role.
- Good understanding of construction costs associated with field service projects.
- Knowledge of construction methods, tools, and equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Salesforce knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent multitasking and leadership skills.
- Practical Customer Service skills are critical for this role.
- Ability to motivate others and deliver results under pressure.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and be deadline-driven.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Please note that these roles and responsibilities may be amended by your Manager.