Specialized in Architectural division of Ornamental Metals installations and on-site coordination. Oversees permanent installation of all elements from start to finish with experience and expertise. This position works on site as required and works in accordance with ASTOUND’s standard operating procedures, safety procedures, quality management plan and integrate project plan. Provides the highest level of installation quality while leading a crew of union and open shop personnel to complete all scheduled work, while being professional and respectful with clients and coworkers.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles, and practices
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per ASTOUND vehicle policy
- Ability to work within a team or independently as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer and/or tablet/iPad experience and familiarity with E-Drawings
- Willing to work evenings, on call and weekends as required
- Periodic travel required
- Professionally follow directives from Project Manager focused on safety, quality, and efficiency
- Proactively plan to ensure all teams have information, tools, and all required equipment to start and continue work
- Review plans prior to installation and have a full understanding of scope of work
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while on job sites
- Maintain schedules with clear communication on any site conditions, etc, that might prohibit maintaining the schedule
- Clear understand of install scope to determine the proper tools, fasteners and cleanup accessories are required for installs
- Time management of yourself and the rest of your team to complete the job on schedule
- Lead the crew with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting with minimal impact to schedules and budget while keeping open communications with the shop and the Project Manager
- Clear and professional relationship with the customer and the PM
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: Physical requirements of this job include and may not be limited to walking, lifting 50+ pounds, operating power tools, climbing stairs or walking down stairs, climbing or stepping down ladders, bending using knee and back safety measures, listening for job site alarms and alerts from equipment and/or other subs, full color eyesight to ensure full peripheral cautions and dangers as well as installation accuracy.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, exposure to weather conditions, loud noises, active construction work and long distance walking from parking to job site.