The press brake operator is responsible for manufacturing metal parts using a CNC press brake. The operator is required to have through knowledge of this equipment, as their work primarily involves operating the machine and fabricating metal components to produce a quality product.
- Minimum 2 years of experience operating a press brake
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to read blueprints
- Intermediate math skills and good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to load and unload 25 – 40lbs
- Works well under tight timelines
- Able to work effectively in a team setting
- Reading and interpreting blueprints/plans for a final product.
- Understanding of computers, basic mathematical knowledge.
- Use measuring instruments and gauges to check parts against specifications.
- Making relevant adjustments to the machine as required.
- Paying attention to potential defects, performing periodic checks.
- Inspecting the final product after production.
- Routine maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain a safe and hygienic workspace.
- Must comply with and support company and industry health and safety standards.
- Must perform other related duties and general tasks that are assigned