Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
- Negotiate preferred vendor and pricing status with existing and new vendors.
- Continually perform competitive price analysis for ASTOUND.
- Negotiate discounts and favorable terms.
- Make purchases for projects on behalf of Operations teams and Project Managers.
- Manage and maintain the preferred vendor list.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting required (MBA preferred)
- 10 + Years’ experience in procurement or purchasing
- Excellent managerial and training skills