Reporting to the Director, Estimating and Development, the primary role of the Project Developer is to support the Architectural Services team by providing preliminary designs, detailed estimates, and client-facing proposals for a broad variety of project opportunities. A Project Developer is an innovative leader in researching and proposing advanced fabrication materials, processes, and techniques. A Project Developer thrives on diversity and is knowledgeable about a wide range of topics related to design, fabrication, construction, and the built environment. A Project Developer is expected to offer insightful solutions to unique fabrication challenges in a fast and efficient manner.
A Project Developer works collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team on projects that range from $100,000 to $10,000,000 and have typical durations of 1-4 weeks. They build and foster strong relationships with clients, vendors, and partners. A Project Developer provides critical support to sales, design, and project management teams by designing and pricing preliminary project solutions, then preparing proposal decks for presentation to clients.
- Work closely with internal Sales, Project Management, and Production teams
- Interpret drawings, renderings, and specifications to define project parameters
- Design preliminary project solutions based on varying degrees of information and assumption
- Develop a detailed concept of execution, including material specifications, design direction, build methodology, and installation strategy
- Research products, materials, and technologies
- Prepare cost estimates and budgets for projects with values ranging from $100,000 to $10,000,000
- Identify cost drivers and recommend opportunities for savings
- Assist in determining sales strategy and provide ongoing support throughout the sales process
- Source vendors, gather quotes, and consult with in-house assets to determine accurate project costs
- Generate proposal material to illustrate the proposed fabrication methods, potential project challenges and overall project goals (2D and 3D illustrations, clear descriptions, and preliminary schedules)
- Stay current on the latest building methods, digital fabrication techniques, production equipment, and built works
- Review project details, contract and bid requirements and ensure that ASTOUND is best represented in terms and conditions
Please note that these roles and responsibilities may be amended by your Manager.
* Travel as required
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong time management and scheduling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe CS
- Proficiency in 3D digital modelling - Rhino3D preferred
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, or a related field preferred but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in design, fabrication, construction, or a related field
At ASTOUND, our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, customers, and the communities we operate exist in a safe, productive, and enriching environment for everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, and other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.