Permanent - Full time
You are a strategic champion for incredible work. The key role of the Director of Business Development is to identify best-fit new business opportunities and build client relationships that will increase revenue and expand ASTOUND’s brand presence.
WE MERGE TECH AND CRAFT TO ENGINEER THE IMPOSSIBLE.
We blend sophisticated thought, meticulous craft, and advanced fabrication to make what no one else can.
ASTOUND Group is an award-winning design & fabrication house that builds brand expressions, experiences, and environments. Innovation and design thinking are what we do — creating the unexpected for our clients and surpassing the ordinary. Awe-inspiring spaces that promote shared moments and inspirational human interaction sends a thrill down our spines.
We are looking for someone who ‘gets’ clients and digs deep, champions great creative work, who seeks out opportunities and who is a strong and organized leader. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
We are currently seeking a Director, Business Development - Architectural Fabrication to join our team.
We’re looking for experienced, detailed, motivated and passionate team players to add to the ASTOUND Management Group. An ideal candidate will have a proven track record of thinking outside of the box when it comes to big, bold, creative, trade show, not afraid to push boundaries, and can rise to any occasion.
- Take ownership of all new account acquisition (both self-derived and assigned) to help drive the overall sales strategy.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders throughout the sales process and ensure the delivery of a winning proposal.
- Work closely with the design and estimating team throughout the pre-sale process to drive the proposal to approval and sign-off.
- Work closely with Account Managers on new accounts to drive client loyalty and growth.
- Work closely with Client Service team to seamlessly transition off Leader Accounts.
- Prequalify assigned leads by going through a ‘Discovery’ meeting with the prospective client to identify whether to pursue the opportunity.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients.
- Ensure client expectations are in alignment with all aspects of the opportunity (price, timelines, deliverables, etc.)
- Attend relevant trade shows, functions and networking sessions to generate new sales opportunities.
- Achieve both sales quotas and target.
- Enter all Contacts and Opportunities into the Salesforce CRM system and maintain accuracy rate in Salesforce data.
- Maintain a positive mindset, encourage teamwork, and act as a brand ambassador for ASTOUND.
- Embrace ASTOUND’S Mission Statements and Values to be successful in our ever evolving and expanding workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or marketing & communications.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional sales & customer experience in B2B environment.
- Business development skills coupled with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Fundamental & strategic professional sales skills & experience.
- Financial awareness with a successful track record of budget implementation and control.
- Enthusiastic learner with proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Superior creative, problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with superior interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about meeting new people, social settings, networking.
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines.
- Strong team player with innovative ideas who can partner with others (internal and external) to achieve objectives but is also able to work autonomously.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Salesforce experience is an asset.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.