Permanent - Full time
The Millwork Fabricator/Cabinet Maker plays a critical role in the lifecycle of all ASTOUND projects. Our Millwork fabricators understand both traditional fabrication techniques as well as the importance of Digital Manufacturing (CNC).
The primary role of the Millwork Fabricator/Cabinet Maker is to build a variety of complex fabrications using a wide range of materials. Our Millwork Fabricators are skilled in Carpentry, Cabinet Making and working with Composite materials. As a Millwork Fabricator you will report directly to the Wood Shop Foreman and will collaborate with fellow team member. Reviewing and executing highly complex builds to specifications from working drawing sets is key to the success of this position.
- Fabricate components and complete assemblies to the highest degree of quality using a variety of materials including, but not limited to, solid woods, veneers, plywood, MDF, particleboard, plastic laminates, solid surface and composites.
- Interpret and understand typical instructions, shop drawings, labels, and cut lists.
- Assembly of CNC provided or manually fabricated parts.
- Assemble and test fit components as required based on project requirements.
- Collaborate with all departments to streamline production and assemblies
- Set up woodworking equipment including table saws, drill presses, routers, jointers, planers and sanders.
- Create cut list from drawing packages.
- Determine the appropriate fabrication techniques and equipment for the task.
- Able to provide knowledge and training on job specific tools to junior team members.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience and comfortable with set-up and operation of woodworking machinery such as a table saw, edge-bander, wide belt sander, jointer, planer, etc.
- Confident and safe operation of a variety of industry-related power tools and hand tools
- Experience in laminating with both plastic laminates and solid wood veneers
- Knowledge of basic woodworking techniques and processes
- Experience with standard Blum cabinet hardware is preferred.
- Mathematical and analytical skills necessary to do material take-offs and cut lists.
- Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
- Working at Heights and Aerial Platform.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.