The detailer is responsible for the development of detailed CAD drawings for the fabrication of displays, exhibits and other special projects. This position involves a variety of complex and independent duties centered on the creation and management of fabrication drawings in accordance with ASTOUND standards. This requires steady communication with other departments, team members and in some cases, outside vendors. As an integral part of the fabrication team, the Detailer may be asked to support conceptual design, fabrication processes (including CNC), and onsite installations.
Please note that these roles and responsibilities may be amended by ASTOUND.
Follow ASTOUND det ailed drawing guidelines pertaining to data storage location , naming conventions and drawing layout standards. Analyze and translate design del iverables into concise drawings and documents suitable for fabrication, specifying material, hardware, electri cal/lighting specifications and building techniques in accordance with requirements Prioritize wor kload to ensure on-time completion of jobs Work closely with the Project Managers and Production Manager to g enerate solutions taking the following criteria into cons ider ation Budget Timeline Fabrication capabilities Available materials/material utilization Shipping methods Set - up capabilities
Su pport Design Department during conceptual and developmental phases as required Support E stimatin g and PM teams to develop cost estimates as required Support Installation teams with visual documentation and set - up drawings Communicate frequently with project team members to update the job pr ogress or make design changes Participate in production and/or solution meetings as required Maintain up - to - date records of hours spent on each project
- Industry experience as a project manager (5 years minimum)
- Experience working with General Contractors and in union facilities
- Knowledge of city, county and state guidelines
- Experience getting permit approvals
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Quality and cost-conscious
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to travel periodically both internationally and domestically
- Past experience with tradeshows and events is a plus