The Custom Fabrication team plays a critical role in the lifecycle of all ASTOUND projects. Our custom fabricators understand both traditional fabrication techniques as well as the importance of Digital Manufacturing.
The primary role of the Custom Fabricator is to solve a variety of complex fabrication challenges using a wide range of materials. Our Custom Fabricators are skilled in Carpentry, Cabinet Making and working with Composite materials. Reviewing and providing detailed feedback on highly complex working drawing sets are key to the success of this position. As a Custom Fabricator, you will be expected to interact directly with both the Project Management and Project design teams in collaboration meetings, through detailed mark-ups, sketches, drawings and digital model reviews.
- Provide Detailed project feedback using through clear markups, sketches and 3D model reviews.
- Fabricate components and complete assemblies to the highest degree of quality using a variety of materials including, but not limited to, solid woods, veneers, plywood, MDF, particleboard, plastic laminates, solid surface and composites.
- Have a sound understanding of typical cabinet making materials and applicable processes
- Interpret and understand typical instructions, shop drawings, labels, and cut lists.
- Assembly of CNC provided or manually fabricated parts.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Assemble and test fit components as required based on project requirements.
- Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience and comfortable with set-up and operation of woodworking machinery such as a table saw, edge-bander, wide belt sander, jointer, planer, etc.
- Confident and safe operation of a variety of industry-related power tools and hand tools
- Experience in laminating with both plastic laminates and solid wood veneers
- Knowledge of basic woodworking techniques and processes
- Experience with standard Blum cabinet hardware is preferred.
- Mathematical and analytical skills necessary to do material take-offs and cut lists.
- Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
- Working at Heights and Aerial Platform.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.