You are a strategic champion for incredible work. The key role of the Director of Business Development is to identify best-fit new business opportunities and build client relationships that will increase revenue and expand ASTOUND’s brand presence.
ASTOUND Group is an award-winning design & fabrication house that builds brand expressions, experiences, and environments. Innovation and design thinking are what we do — creating the unexpected for our clients and surpassing the ordinary. Awe-inspiring spaces that promote shared moments and inspirational human interaction sends a thrill down our spines.
We are looking for someone who ‘gets’ clients and digs deep, champions great creative work, who seeks out opportunities and who is a strong and organized leader. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
We are currently seeking a Director, Business Development - Exhibits to join our team.
We’re looking for experienced, detailed, motivated and passionate team players to add to the ASTOUND Management Group. An ideal candidate will have a proven track record of thinking outside of the box when it comes to big, bold, creative, trade show, not afraid to push boundaries, and can rise to any occasion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or marketing & communications.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional sales & customer experience in B2B environment.
- Business development skills coupled with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Fundamental & strategic professional sales skills & experience.
- Financial awareness with a successful track record of budget implementation and control.
- Enthusiastic learner with proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Superior creative, problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with superior interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about meeting new people, social settings, networking.
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines.
- Strong team player with innovative ideas who can partner with others (internal and external) to achieve objectives but is also able to work autonomously.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Salesforce experience is an asset.
- Take ownership of all new account acquisition (both self-derived and assigned) to help drive the overall sales strategy.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders throughout the sales process and ensure the delivery of a winning proposal.
- Work closely with the design and estimating team throughout the pre-sale process to drive the proposal to approval and sign-off.
- Work closely with Account Managers on new accounts to drive client loyalty and growth.
- Work closely with Client Service team to seamlessly transition off Leader Accounts.
- Prequalify assigned leads by going through a ‘Discovery’ meeting with the prospective client to identify whether to pursue the opportunity.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients
- Ensure client expectations are in alignment with all aspects of the opportunity (price, timelines, deliverables, etc.)
- Attend relevant trade shows, functions and networking sessions to generate new sales opportunities.
- Achieve both sales quotas and target.
- Enter all Contacts and Opportunities into the Salesforce CRM system and maintain accuracy rate in Salesforce data.
- Maintain a positive mindset, encourage teamwork, and act as a brand ambassador for ASTOUND.
- Embrace ASTOUND’S Mission Statements and Values to be successful in our ever evolving and expanding workplace.