Who are we...
We are a global experience design company - we specialize in the design and execution of memorable experiences for companies to share with their customers. Our services include arch. Fabrication, brand strategy and development, retail design and store rollouts, digital engagements, trade show booths, branded events, and environments.
The digital fabrication department plays a major role by producing parts and components for each project. Reporting to the Digital fabrication Foreman, the Jr. Digital Fabricator will support with part production and quality control. The employee is required to perform the duties as outlined.
ASTOUND offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. The following are representative of what we offer:
- Chance to be part of an energetic and dynamic team.
- Fun working environment and great atmosphere
- Growth and development opportunities within the organization
- Competitive Rates
- Comprehensive Group Benefits plans:
- Consult + and Virtual Healthcare services
- Access to Teladoc Medical Experts
- Option to participate in the Group Tax free savings account and RRSP option
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Employee Referral Program
- Good life Gym membership corporate discount.
- Prepare raw materials for machining, and set the machine to control speed, feed, toolpath, and other variables before guiding the parts through the CNC machine.
- Operate CNC Machines in an efficient, cost-effective, and safe manner
- Nest manual cuts and off cuts at CNC
- Maintain excellent quality and safety standards and keep CNC area clean and decluttered
- prepare cut parts by sanding, deburring, and cleaning access material to ensure parts meet our standards.
- Read specifications or follow verbal instructions
- Fabricate required parts based on the Fabrication Drawings and adhere to work order specifications
- Organize and track fabricated parts as well as sheets goods and materials
- Ensure first piece sample is double checked by shop Foreman
- Communicate programming issues and feedback with programmer and Sr. CNC operator
- Ensure material is checked for proper cut length before fabrication
- Accomplish company objectives by accepting responsibilities for completing innovative and new requests while also exploring value adding opportunities
- Replace and calibrate CNC tooling
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to load and unload 10-25lbs
- Flexible working schedule to support project needs.
- String communication and organizational skills
- Basic wood knowledge
- Good communication skills with team members
At ASTOUND, our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, customers, and the communities we operate exist in a safe, productive, and enriching environment for everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, and other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.