We are a fast-paced company with high expectations, we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. The position of Jr Metal Fabricator performs duties in the Metal shop related to all elements of metal fabrication. Duties primarily involve assisting with component assembly, operating metal fabrication equipment including saws, drills, grinders and forming equipment that are associated with metal fabrication but may also include welding
- 1+ years experience in metal fabrication or similar trade education.
- CWB GMAW/ FCAW Certification is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated team-player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable in a team environment.
- Read blueprints and drawings.
- The ability to follow blueprints and building plans.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Set up metalwork equipment including rollers, drill presses, mills, plasma cutters, brakes and saws.
- Operate basic hand tools and powered hand tools. i.e., drills, disc grinders etc.
- Follow instructions from Foreman and Sr Department members.
- Continual training with the expectation of CWB certification.
- Assist in the fabrication of structural and non-structural metal assemblies.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Install interior and exterior structures and fixtures.
- Help erect, level, and install building frameworks.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.