We seek a highly motivated individual who can help with the leadership and workplace quality of the Metal Department. We are a fast-paced company with high-expectations, we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. This position will ensure the proper processes for our metal related projects.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Dedicated team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in scheduling and assessing departmental needs
- Comfortable in a leadership position
- Responsible for scheduling team members for metal jobs in consolidation with other Lead Fabricators
- Shared responsibility in managing the cleanliness and assuring the metal shop is in a “tour ready” state.
- Enforce proper company policies and health and safety guidelines put in place with OSHA.
- Enforce proper safety codes and assure that proper PPE is worn.
- Attend daily scheduling meetings and consult with the Production Manager for further actionable items.
- Perform administrative duties such as distribute Work Orders, report scheduling changes to Operations.
- Keep track of stock items and report to Operations when more stock items are needed.
- Can be consulted on best practice methods and take part in the consultation process between the Production Manager and the Project Management team.
- Coordinate with other shop leads and production on different facets of a project.
- The ability to follow blueprints and building plans.
- Sound knowledge of metal shop and methods of all aspects of metal, from building of large structures to simple box frames.
- Install interior and exterior structures and fixtures
- Help erect, level, and install building frameworks
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Able to provide knowledge and training on job-specific tools to junior team members.
- Able to provide customer service.
- Mechanical knowledge an asset.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.