The Logistics Manager is responsible for all the shipping and receiving and is also expected to communicate all information habitually to the rest of the related ASTOUND departments to ensure that all the shipping and receiving deadlines are being met. The Logistics manager should work closely with the Warehouse Manager to make sure that all shipping and receiving are executed flawlessly.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in logistic management
- A logical and systematic approach to work
- Ability to manage and motivate a crew of warehouse personnel
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Outlook
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions;
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills;
- Some degree of IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data;
- The ability to manage change;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Negotiation and analytical skills;
- A positive attitude to continued learning.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of all local and international shipping and receiving
- Schedules and coordinates all ASTOUND local deliveries and pick ups
- Participate in regular management meetings
- Continually analyze logistic efficiency and capabilities in relation to shipping and receiving, and seek to improve the logistics of shipping and receiving by planning out Operational Improvement Projects and submit for budget approval
- Oversee and direct the execution of approved Operational Improvement Projects relating to Shipping and Receiving.
- Regularly report to the Operations Manager on the company’s status against, and ability to meet, its shipping and receiving objectives.
- Tracks the movement of all ASTOUND rental and Client owned inventory
- Ensures all work performed is recorded appropriately by worker, by project, by sub job, and by task type
- Act as a logistical liaison between the project management team and the Operations team (millwork, metal, staging, warehouse and Graphics) by ensuring that all parts are shipping according to booking schedule
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental logistic goals, objectives, policies, and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff, using appropriate ASTOUND forms and methods
- Responsible to ensure a safe working environment in all production facilities and on all external work sites
- Ensure the shop, warehouse, and production offices are clean, orderly and in "tour ready" condition at all times
- Works with COO to achieve recognition as a world class manufacturing facility
- Arrange carriers and pick-up for shipment of overseas/export orders to include limited banking aspects of such orders and prepare all Export shipping documents such as certificates of origin, commercial invoices, etc.
- Arrange carriers and pick-up for all orders going via truck. Maintain pick-up schedules for UPS, Fed-Ex and carriers that pick-up freight on a daily or routine basis.
- Arrange for shipment of Consolidated Shippers weekly and daily by customer/carrier and communicate requirements for consolidated shipments to production and/or sales.
- Obtain and communicate freight quotes as requested.
- Obtain Proof of Delivery confirmation as requested.
- Review questionable freight bills paid by transportation bureau for accuracy, and report any concerns or freight charges for adjustment to the QA, Shipping & Receiving Manager for investigation.
- Maintain a strong understanding of customs procedures and policies for international shipping
- Performs other responsibilities as necessary