This position will report directly to our Production Manager in our Operations facility in Burlington, Ontario.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Detail oriented
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Dedicated team-player
- Read and understand blueprints to position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, using jigs, welders, and hand tools
- Determine required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques for projects from light aluminium frames to structural steel.
- Locate and mark, workpiece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, to bend, cut, form, drill, or otherwise assemble metal components.
- Set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Proficiency in MIG welding steel and aluminium.
- Oxy-acetylene, Arc, and TIG welding an asset.
- Experience in installation of elements for the trade show industry and larger interior and exterior projects.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Provide knowledge to junior metal workers.
- Provide customer service.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.