We are a fast-paced company with high-expectations, we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. The position of Metal Fabricator performs duties in the Metal shop related to all elements of metal fabrication. Duties primarily involve welding processes but also include operating basic hand tools, component assembly, operating metal fabrication equipment including saws, drills, grinders and forming equipment that are associated with metal fabrication.
The primary role of the Metal Fabricator is to perform duties that involve welding processes but also include operating basic hand tools, component assembly, operating metal fabrication equipment including saws, drills, grinders and forming equipment that are associated with metal fabrication. As a Metal Fabricator you will report directly to the Metal Shop Foreman and will collaborate with fellow team member. Reviewing and executing highly complex builds to specifications from working drawing sets is key to the success of this position.
- 5+ years experience in metal fabrication or similar trade.
- CWB GMAW/ FCAW Certification is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated team-player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable in a team environment.
- Read blueprints and drawings including weld symbols.
- The ability to follow blueprints and building plans.
- Create cut list from drawing packages.
- Determine the appropriate welding and fabrication equipment or methods based on requirements.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Set up metalwork equipment including rollers, drill presses, mills, plasma cutters, brakes and saws.
- Operate basic hand tools and powered hand tools. i.e., drills, disc grinders etc.
- Maintain welding equipment including MIG/TIG machines.
- Follow instructions from Foreman and Sr Department members.
- Fabricate structural and non-structural metal assemblies.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Continual training with expectation of CWB certification
- Keep track of stock items and report to Foreman when more stock items are needed.
- Can be consulted on best practice methods and take part of the consultation process between the Dept Foreman and Production Manager.
- Install interior and exterior structures and fixtures.
- Help erect, level, and install building frameworks.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Able to provide knowledge and training on job specific tools to junior team members.
- Mechanical knowledge an asset.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.