We are a fast-paced company with high-expectations, we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. The position of Millwork/Autobody Spray Painter performs duties in the Paint Department related to all elements of finishing. Duties primarily involve the spraying processes but also include prep and maintenance.
An excellent Finishing Technician is knowledgeable in selecting the right material and process for the task. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties.
The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Receive inbound products/materials.
- Assist in performing inbound QC process.
- Ensure correct surface preparation for process.
- Sanding, filling elements as part of its preparation
- Masking/taping areas that are not included to be painted
- Cleans contaminants from product using materials such as degreaser, lacquer thinner, turpentine or suitable cleaners.
- Mix paint and other materials according to manufactures specification or formula.
- Apply a variety of industrial coatings to fabricated products.
- Maintain finishing equipment and consumables.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Inspect and QC all coatings after application.
- Communicate with the Department Foreman/Production Manager
- 3+ experience in finishing or similar trade.
- High school diploma; successful completion of an apprenticeship is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of finishing material and applications.
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques.
- Expertise in utilizing various spray-painting tools and equipment such as pressure pots, spray guns, hoses, nozzles, gauges, cup guns, paint gun cleaner unit, protective spray-painting equipment, paint shakers, and high lifts
- Experience with millwork finishing is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated team-player.
- Excellent communication skills.
ASTOUND offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. The following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Group Benefits plan
- Option to participate in the Group Tax free savings account and RRSP option.
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Employee Referral Program
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.