The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the accurate and timely administration and processing of the company’s bi-weekly payroll. This includes the delivery of payroll and related tasks, including record keeping and reporting, benefits, and group RRSP administration. This is a part-time role, 1-2 days per week.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now for all employees, while auditing for accuracy.
- Ensure that all salaries, and expense reimbursements are paid accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Review payroll and account reconciliations.
- Perform data entry for time and attendance and employee changes within SalesForce, such as new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, benefits deductions, garnishments, tax withholdings, etc. Responsible for employee record data integrity in SalesForce
- Prepare calculation of special payments, including disability, retro, and pro-rated salaries.
- Implement salary increases, bonuses, commissions, and other special payments in accordance with instructions provided.
- Prepare required payroll forms, such as Records of Employment, Income Tax forms, etc.
- Audit payroll reports and entries prior to submission to payroll service provider (ADP)
- Prepare and maintain accurate payroll records and reports and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Adjust company org chart and directly when employee changes occur
- Liaise directly with ADP to research and resolve problems as needed.
- Provide timely and accurate payroll-related assistance to employees as requested.
- Prepare offer letters as required and assist with onboarding when in the office.
- Maintain detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Provide month-end and year-end support to Finance team, including audits and tax filings.
- Manage T4 and T2200 reporting in conjunction with ADP.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision and as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of Canadian and US Taxation, Nevada Sales tax and Use tax
- Strong Quick Books and Microsoft Office Skills especially Excel is a must
- Intacct experience is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple assignments, meeting deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
Please note that these roles and responsibilities may be amended by your Manager.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.