ASTOUND is a global creative agency that specializes in the design and execution of memorable experiences for companies to share with their customers. ASTOUND is a multi-faceted business whose services include architectural fabrication, brand strategy and development, retail design and store rollouts, digital engagements, trade show booths, branded events and environments.
ASTOUND’s offices span North America, with fabrication facilities that exceed 600,000 square feet. Key office locations include Las Vegas, Portland, and Toronto. ASTOUND’s projects span over 40 countries and their clients are some of the most well-recognized brands across multiple industry sectors including consumer products, sports and entertainment, telecommunications, and technology.
We are currently on the lookout for a Payroll Manager to help support our finance organization. The Payroll Manager will analyze, audit, reconcile and resolve complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth payroll processing. This position ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations. This position will also research and interpret federal and state regulatory requirements and resolve tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
- 3+ years' of full cycle experience using ADP Workforce with a high volume payroll of employees and multi-state payroll.
- Certification as a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in union payroll is an asset.
- Well organized, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Proficiency with MS Office, Intermediate knowledge in Excel.
- Able to maintain confidential information; deal with people sensitively and professionally at all time.
- Overtime may be required on occasion.
- Technical Knowledge: Global tax withholding and reporting regulations, payroll tax accounting.
- Working knowledge of HRIS, payroll systems, and payroll tax filings is required.
- Strong leadership skills balanced with a willingness to play a 'hands-on' role.
- Commitment to accuracy and quality, with superior attention to detail.
- Strong process and procedure orientation for continuous process improvements.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Possess creative thinking and ability to resolve issues.
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent with relevant work experience is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated, responsive and conscientious, with a commitment to delivering excellent service.
- Enthusiastic learner with superior creative, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Has demonstrated consistent above average performance evaluations in previous roles.
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines.
- Organizational and time management skills: Ability to set priorities and plan well in advance to meet multiple shifting deadlines.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Able to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely oral and written communication.
- Strong team player with innovative ideas who can partner with others (internal and external) to achieve objectives as well as ability to work autonomously.
- Evidence of continued growth through education, skills training, and professional development.
- Process multi-frequency and multi-state payrolls for salaried, hourly and unionized employees.
- Process all regular, commission, bonuses and other special payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Input for payroll data entry, allowances, increases, retroactive adjustments and others as required.
- Process off cycle or payroll adjustments as needed.
- Audit new hires and process terminations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Audits weekly union and bi-weekly non-union payrolls under strict controls to ensure proper review and sign-off of payroll.
- Resolves pay issues by working with employees, supervisors and Human Resources.
- Investigates and resolves errors in payroll data processing by coordinating with ADP/HR.
- Recommends changes in methods and procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
- Maintains knowledge of the company policies and procedures relating to payroll.
- Keeps current of changes in laws, regulations, and rates which impact the payroll area.
- Assists with multi-state payroll tax coordination and reconciliation.
- Coordinates and reviews monthly payroll general ledger postings.
- Reviews account reconciliations for payroll related accounts including wages, benefits and commission related compensation.
- Oversees annual bonus payrolls.
- Coordinates year-end validation of data related to W2 processing.
- Participates in the external audit process.
- Works on special projects, as requested.
- Inspire your team and influence them to perform at their best each and every day; this will ultimately determine the success of the finance and accounting organization.
- Maintain a positive mindset, encourage teamwork, and act as an impeccable brand ambassador for ASTOUND.
The compensation package will be commensurate with experience. Our employees are entitled to a standard set of benefits, including health and dental insurance and 401(k) with company match.
At ASTOUND, our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, customers and the communities we operate exist in a safe, productive and enriching environment for everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.