Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Director, Architectural Services the key role of the Project Designer is to manage the design process, develop concepts for complex architectural features, and ensure that project design and production drawings are issued to various departments on time. The Project Designer is also required to provide recommendations that will enhance the clients experience with the product while ensuring that overall style and function are not compromised.
- Review and interpret drawing packages and details provided by the client
- Produce comprehensive design packages (submittal, working, shop and as built drawings) that will be used throughout all stages of the project lifecycle (coordination, fabrication, outsourced vendor
quoting and installation) to ensure that the work is produced quickly and accurately
Source and provide recommendations on project specific materials
Produce project specific bill of materials, material specs, hardware specs and quantities as required by the Project Management department for procurement
Communicate directly with the client as required to determine finishes and details while adhering to the client’s budget, timeline and quality standards
Work collaboratively with the Project Management department and production team, providing ongoing project support and feedback as required.
Provide support to the Sales and Estimating departments as required
Attend and participate in internal solutions meetings to brainstorm and develop design solutions
Attend and participate in client meetings and/or presentations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Post secondary degree in Architecture, Engineering, industrial design or product design.
- Proficient in Solidworks, Rino or Equivalent 3D manufacturing software.
- Salesforce knowledge is an asset
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong creative eye
- Attention to detail
- Quality and cost conscious
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem solving skills