The Production Manager for Burlington facility will lead in all areas of production (the work, the people, and the infrastructure) through effective planning, coordination, and control of manufacturing processes.
The Production Manager is expected to lead in the planning, evaluation and efficiency of the production process, and to ensure that fabrication proceeds on time and on budget, while maintaining the highest level of quality. He/ she will display the highest degree of initiative to identify issues in procedure and will work independently or with other senior management to resolve problems and improve in all areas of production.
ASTOUND offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. The following are representative of what we offer:
- Chance to be part of an energetic and dynamic team.
- Fun working environment and great atmosphere
- Growth and development opportunities within the organization
- Competitive Rates
- Comprehensive Group Benefits plans:
- Consult + and Virtual Healthcare services
- Access to Teladoc Medical Experts
- Option to participate in the Group Tax free savings account and RRSP option
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Employee Referral Program
- Good life Gym membership corporate discount.
The Production Manager will take ownership of all aspects of production planning and execution, paying close attention to efficiency, budget, schedules, capacity, manpower, and quality control. Ensures all the necessary resources for successful completion of projects are identified early to avoid delays and less that “Tier One” quality. Constant analyses of the fabrication processes and procedures will be necessary to maintain the highest level of output.
- Ensure that all products are produced on time and of premium quality;
- Develop and manage concise production schedules in collaboration with the production planning department and Project Managers.
- Manage all human and non-human resources production resources, equipment, and facilities;
- Attend standing production meetings and other production planning meetings as required;
- Provide appropriate, comprehensive, and accurate reports to Project Managers and Senior Management as required;
- Be a partner to designers, fabrication team, and other team members by nurturing and furthering the collaborative environment demanded by custom fabrication, creatively trouble shooting and problem solving unforeseen issues that routinely arise in custom fabrication.
The Production Manager is expected to set the tone and pace of the environment by promoting the cooperation and commitment of all production personnel, allowing all members of the group to work cooperatively and productively through leadership, mentorship, training, and development.
- Identify developmental and training needs of department staff and the appropriate resources required for training;
- Implement effective employee cross-training programs;
- Regularly assess performance and address performance issues in a timely manner and participate in progressive disciplinary action as required;
- Partner with HR and JHSC to ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) as well as with ASTOUND’s Health and Safety Policies;
- Promptly report incidents, accidents and/or safety concerns to the JHSC and executive management.
- Maintain open and tight communication with all Senior Management, Department Managers, and Project Managers
- Approve drawings for Production
scheduling and capacity plannning
- Prepare and plan production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of client orders, Project Management Milestones, and Install dates
- Ensure production planning and scheduling activities are accomplished in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner
- Maintain daily communication with relevant department members to ensure production needs are being addressed and schedules are being met
- Monitor production results and modify schedules as required
- Review projects and manage the production calendar for capacity planning and material requirements
- Work closely with managers during the estimate phase of a project to ensure all estimated production hours are accurate and feasible
- Accountable for production hours and ensuring managers of each department are accountable for hours estimated
- Proactively monitor hours to forecast if project timelines will be met on time and on budget
- Monitor and forecast capacity and produce reports
- Proactively hire or layoff staff according to capacity, schedule overtime or nightshifts and recommend outsourcing when required.
Hours and attendence
- Approve timesheets for direct reports
- Ensures department staff follow ASTOUND time and attendance procedures;
- Ensure department time sheets are properly managed and completed in a timely manner by all production personnel
- Produce regular, accurate reports to the Project Managers and Astound Administration as required;
- Approve vacation and leave requests and ensures such leaves do not interfere with production schedules.
Through appropriate planning and management, ensures all aspects of production including building space, equipment, and supplies/materials are available, maintained, and in good working condition. This position will implement and manage material and tool inventory systems. This position will also continuously contribute to the development of our production capabilities by leading research into advanced fabrication equipment, machinery and processes.
- Provide strategic oversight on all production facilities and coordinate with appropriate parties on recommendations for planning and repairs;
- Coordinates access to the facilities after hours; make arrangements for work done outside of regular business hours and ensure that work is carried out safely and in accordance with Company policies.
- In partnership with the Joint Health & Safety Committee, assist with inspections of all company facilities.
- Be involved with short-term and long-term planning and management of space requirements
- Continuously anticipate tools/equipment needed to successfully complete all projects moving through production.
- Issue purchase order requests for equipment required.
- Approve/reject Purchase Order Requests for production-related equipment made by production staff
- Oversee the maintenance, care, and repair of all Company-owned machinery and equipment.
project and raw materials
- In conjunction with fabrication Manager, identify, establish, and maintain an inventory of materials and hardware required for use in production.
- Oversees project materials received at the Company’s main facilities, to ensure that project supplies are not diverted from their intended project, unless released by expressed consent of the relevant Project Manager.
- Oversees inventory and disposal of surplus supplies at the end of each project. Ensures that fabrication foremen in collaboration with PMs, identify which items need to be retained for the warranty period, what can be disposed/ recycled and what can be returned unused. Ensures that recommended actions are carried out promptly and consequently.
At ASTOUND, our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, customers, and the communities we operate exist in a safe, productive, and enriching environment for everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, and other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.