Reporting to the VP Operations the primary role of the Project Developer is to support the Architectural Services team by assessing bidding opportunities and providing detailed proposals for successful project completion. A Project Developer should be an innovative leader in researching and proposing advanced fabrication materials, processes, and techniques. A Project Developer thrives on diversity and is knowledgeable about a wide range of topics related to design, fabrication, and the built environment, as a whole. A Project Developer is expected to offer insightful solutions to unique fabrication challenges in a fast and efficient manner.
- Work closely with internal Sales, Estimating, Project Management, and Production teams
- Assess bid opportunities and advise on feasibility
- Develop a detailed concept of execution, including material specifications, design direction, build methodology, and installation strategy
- Source components, gather quotes, negotiate prices with suppliers, and consult with in-house assets to determine accurate project costs
- Produce accurate estimates based on drawings and specs with support from the estimating department
- Make project recommendations based on design-for-fabrication principles
- Generate proposal material to illustrate the proposed fabrication methods, potential project challenges and overall project goals (2D and 3D illustrations, clear descriptions and overall schedules)
- Provide client-facing support to sales team as required for meetings and presentations
- Work closely with the Project Management and Production teams while awarded projects are in progress to ensure their success
- Review data on completed projects to assess potential improvements for future projects
- Continuously seek to improve project development and estimating processes to maximize project efficiency and profitability
- Stay current on the latest building methods, digital fabrication techniques, production equipment, and built works in order to be able to contribute towards project efficiency on current and future projects
Please note that these roles and responsibilities may be amended by your Manager.
* Travel as required
- Post-secondary degree in Architecture, Engineering, Industrial Design, or similar design-related field
- Proficiency in Rino, Solidworks, or Equivalent 3D software
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong creative eye
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.