The Project Manager's role is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines and stay within budget. This includes all internal communication with Project Designers and Account Managers as well as with outside suppliers. This will involve key production detail management and scheduling responsibilities, as well as all internal communication, work orders, and coordinating the efforts of team members within all departments of ASTOUND. The Project Manager will define the projects' objectives and oversee quality control throughout the entire execution of the job.
- Maintains interaction with the Project Designers throughout the production process and negotiates with suppliers regarding budgetary and scheduling issues
- Estimates projects (or specific aspects of projects) as required
- Produces and executes detailed budgets for projects
- Works closely with Account Management and Operations departments to ensure that project budgets are strictly adhered to and that profits are maximized
- Creates scope of work with associated budgetary allocations for distribution to Operations department
- Available for client meetings and/or presentations
- Communicates key production details in connection with the production schedule to the Detailers and the Operations department
- Approves all requests for payment to vendors for labor and material charges related to jobs
- Establishes and coordinates project timelines, monitors progress, investigates delays, and takes or recommends appropriate actions to ensure the schedules are met
- Maintains an accurate record of all historical quotations, invoices, detailed drawings, and final renderings for all projects
- Maintains operational project file on server via project workbook
- Maintains a personal project management time log for job costing
- Arranges for detailed drawings to be produced as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Industry experience as a project manager (5 years minimum)
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Quality and cost conscious
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to travel periodically both internationally and domestically
At ASTOUND DESIGN SERVICES ULC. our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, customers, and the communities we operate exist in a safe, productive, and enriching environment for everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, and other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.