ASTOUND Group is independently owned and one of North America’s fastest growing, exciting and creative global design fabrication house based in Burlington. We’ve completed amazing design and builds at the world’s largest stages – 29 countries to be exact – with offices in Burlington, Toronto, Las Vegas and San Francisco. And we’re not the only ones who thinks our global work is awesome. Deloitte, Profit Magazine and Event Marketer – to name a few – have recognized us formally with top 50 and 200 rankings for delivering exceptional work for our clients and employees.
ASTOUND is seeking a Project Manager to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines and stay within budget. The Project Manager will define the projects’ objectives and oversee quality control throughout the entire execution of the job.
- Maintains interaction with the Detailers throughout the production process and negotiates with suppliers regarding budgetary and scheduling issues
- Estimates projects (or specific aspects of projects) as required
- Produces and executes detailed budgets for projects
- Works closely with Account Management and Operations departments to ensure that project budgets are strictly adhered to and that profits are maximized
- Creates scope of work with associated budgetary allocations for distribution to Operations department
- Available for client meetings and/or presentations
- Communicates key production details in connection with the production schedule to the Detailers and the Operations department
- Approves all requests for payment to vendors for labor and material charges related to jobs
- Establishes and coordinates project timelines, monitors progress, investigates delays, and takes or recommends appropriate actions to ensure the schedules are met
- Maintains an accurate record of all historical quotations, invoices, detailed drawings, and final renderings for all projects
- Maintains operational project file on server via project workbook
- Maintains a personal project management time log for job costing
- Arranges for detailed drawings to be produced as required
- Industry experience as a project manager (five (5) years minimum)
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Quality and cost-conscious
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to travel periodically both internationally and domestically
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.