The key role of the Sr Project Designer is to manage the design process, develop concepts for complex architectural features, and ensure that project design and production drawings are issued to various departments on time. The Sr Project Designer is also required to provide recommendations that will enhance the client's experience with the product while ensuring that overall style and function are not compromised. This role is expected to provide leadership to all other members of the Project Design team as well as continuously seek to improve departmental processes.
In addition, the Senior Project Designer should be able to provide clear direction to one or more designers in order to guide the design process for larger projects.
- Review and interpret drawing packages and details provided by the client
- Produce comprehensive design packages (submittal, working, shop and as-built drawings) that will be used throughout all stages of the project lifecycle (coordination, fabrication, outsourced vendor quoting, and installation/ Dismantle) to ensure that the work is produced quickly and accurately
- Source and provide recommendations on project-specific materials and hardware
- Produce project-specific bill of materials, material specs, hardware specs, and quantities as required by the Project Management department for procurement
- Communicate directly with the client as required to determine finishes and details while adhering to the client’s budget, timeline, and quality standards
- Work collaboratively with the Project Management department and production team, providing ongoing project support and feedback as required.
- Provide support to the Sales and Estimating departments as required
- Attend internally and participate in solutions meetings to brainstorm and develop design solutions
- Attend and participate in client meetings and/or presentations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Please note that these roles and responsibilities may be amended by your Manager.
- Post secondary degree in Architecture, Engineering, Industrial Design or Product Design.
- Proficient in Solidworks and or AutoCAD
- Rhino or Equivalent 3D software is an asset
- Salesforce knowledge is an asset
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong creative eye
- Attention to detail
- Quality and cost conscious
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
The compensation package will be commensurate with experience. Our employees are entitled to a standard set of benefits, including health and dental insurance.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.