Reporting to the Project Design Manager, the key role of the Senior Project Designer is to manage the design process, develop solutions for complex architectural features, and ensure that drawings are issued to various departments on time. The Senior Project Designer is also required to provide recommendations that will enhance the clients experience with the product while ensuring that overall style and function are not compromised. This role is expected to provide leadership to all other members of the Project Design team as well as continuously seek to improve departmental processes.
In addition, the Senior Project Designer should be able to provide clear direction to one or more designers in order to guide the design process for larger projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and interpret drawing packages and details provided by the client
- Produce comprehensive design packages (submittal, working, shop and as built drawings) that will be used throughout all stages of the project lifecycle (coordination, fabrication, outsourced vendor quoting and installation) to ensure that the work is produced quickly and accurately
- Source and provide recommendations on project specific materials and hardware
- Produce project specific bill of materials, material specs, hardware specs and quantities as required by the Project Management department for procurement
- Communicate directly with the client as required to determine finishes and details while adhering to the client’s budget, timeline and quality standards
- Work collaboratively with the Project Management department and production team, providing ongoing project support and feedback as required.
- Provide support to the Sales and Estimating departments as required
- Attend internal and participate solutions meetings to brainstorm and develop design solutions
- Attend and participate in client meetings and/or presentations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Post secondary degree in Architecture, Engineering, Industrial Design or Product Design.
- Proficient in Solidworks and or AutoCAD
- Rhino or Equivalent 3D software is an asset
- Salesforce knowledge is an asset
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong creative eye
- Attention to detail
- Quality and cost conscious
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.