The role of the Senior Project Director is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to design specifications, construction standards and codes, deadlines and budgets. This includes all internal and external communication with ASTOUND Clients and ASTOUND Teams as well as with the suppliers and sub-contractors which will involve key production details and scheduling responsibilities, as well as all internal communication, work orders, and coordinating the efforts of team members within all departments of ASTOUND. The Sr. Project Director will define the projects’ objectives and oversee quality control throughout the entire execution of the job.
- Organize and implement a project plan for 1 or more projects through the use of Sales Force and other project management tools and software.
- Establish and coordinate project timelines, monitor progress, investigates delay, and take or recommends appropriate actions to ensure the schedules are met.
- Create Gantt Chart schedules for the project that are shared internally and with the Client/General Contractor and onsite teams.
- Provide timely and comprehensive communication between the internal ASTOUND Group account teams and the various groups of clients, contractors and other vendors.
- Prepares documentation for pulling permits, respond to questions from the building department and organize inspections and other related permit requirements.
- Prepare and implement all safety plans and task hazard plans required on the jobsite and document and prepare all paperwork needed to be supplied to the GC for their records.
- Attend a variety of weekly standing meetings at the jobsite to collect and disseminate information from the various stakeholders onsite including The Client, the General Contractor, the Architect and Engineers, the Owners Representative and other subs and contractors onsite
- Maintain interaction with the ASTOUND Group Detailers and Project Managers throughout the production process to ensure that all our drawn documentation is submitted to the appropriate internal and external groups
- Prepare and maintain a working RFI log for all elements of the projects they are working on
- Oversee and prepare reporting documents for any AIA or CCBD Qualified Fabricator / Manufacturer related reports
- Negotiate with suppliers to source and find appropriate materials and services and follow up regarding budgetary and scheduling issues with those suppliers
- Estimate projects (or specific aspects of projects) as required and produce and execute detailed budgets and ROMs for projects
- Work closely with Account Management and Operations departments to ensure that project budgets are strictly adhered to and that profits are maximized
- Create scope of work with associated budgetary allocations for distribution to Operations department
- Approve all requests for payment to vendors for labor and material charges related to jobs
- Maintain an accurate record of all historical quotations, invoices, detailed drawings, and final renderings for all projects
- Maintain operational project file on server via project workbook
- Industry experience as a construction/millwork project manager (5 years minimum)
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong team player and ability to work with people in high stress situations
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on quality work and timely delivery
- Fabrication experience in millwork shop environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, MS Teams, MS OneNote
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, Vectorworks, Inventor, Adobe Illustrator
- Familiarity with Sales Force, Pro-Core, MS Project Manager, Smart Sheet