We are a fast-paced company with high-expectations, we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. The position of Sr. Metal Fabricator plays a critical role in the lifecycle of all ASTOUND projects. Our Sr. Metal Fabricator performs duties in the Metal shop related to all elements of metal fabrication.
The primary role of the Sr. Metal Fabricator is to perform duties that involve welding processes but also include operating basic hand tools, component assembly, operating metal fabrication equipment including saws, drills, grinders and forming equipment that are associated with metal fabrication. As a Sr. Metal Fabricator, you will report directly to the Metal Shop Foreman, will collaborate with fellow team member and coach and mentor our Jr. Metal Fabricators. Reviewing and executing highly complex builds to specifications from working drawing sets is key to the success of this position.
- 10+ years experience in metal fabrication or similar trade.
- CWB GMAW/ FCAW Certification is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated team-player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Read blueprints and drawings including weld symbols.
- Follow blueprints and building plans.
- Create cut list from drawing packages.
- Determine the appropriate welding and fabrication equipment or methods based on requirements.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Set up metalwork equipment including rollers, drill presses, mills, plasma cutters, brakes and saws.
- Operate basic hand tools and powered hand tools. i.e., drills, disc grinders etc.
- Maintain welding equipment including MIG/TIG machines.
- Work independently and within a team environment.
- Assist, mentor, and coach our Jr. Department members.
- Attend production drawing reviews
- Continual training with expectation of CWB certification
- Act as team lead on in-house and onsite assemblies and installations
- Follow instructions from Foreman and Sr Department members.
- Fabricate structural and non-structural metal assemblies.
- Follow CWB approved procedures when specified.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Report progress and any non-conformities to Dept Foreman.
- Keep track of stock items and report to Foreman when more stock items are needed.
- Consult on best practice methods and take part of the consultation process between the Dept Foreman and Production Manager.
- Assist in project and process prototyping and development.
- Install interior and exterior structures and fixtures.
- Work with Field Operations team to ensure high quality standards are upheld.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Provide knowledge and training on job specific tools to junior team members.
- Mechanical knowledge an asset.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.