Who are we...
We are a global experience design company - we specialize in the design and execution of memorable experiences for companies to share with their customers. Our services include arch. Fabrication, brand strategy and development, retail design and store rollouts, digital engagements, trade show booths, branded events, and environments.
We seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. We are looking for a reliable Staff Accountant to contribute to our Accounting Department. This role will work closely with management team by preparing and analyzing key financial data. You will have full accounting cycle ability to support accounting procedures and ensure account information is accurate.
Who you are...
Someone who is passionate about what you do!
ASTOUND offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. The following are representative of what we offer:
- Chance to be part of an energetic and dynamic team.
- Fun working environment and great atmosphere
- Growth and development opportunities within the organization
- Competitive Rates
- Comprehensive Group Benefits plans:
- Consult + and Virtual Healthcare services
- Access to Teladoc Medical Experts
- Option to participate in the Group Tax free savings account and RRSP option
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Employee Referral Program
- Good life Gym membership corporate discount.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements in a multicurrency environment
- Participate in month-end and year-end process to facilitate the production of timely and accurate financial information
- Prepare monthly entries and accruals including, but not limited to prepaid, fixed assets, intercompany, cash and payments
- Prepare all General Ledger accounts reconciliations including monetary accounts, prepaid, accrued accounts
- Assist in inventory costing accounting with operational departments to ensure material usage accuracy
- Account for capital expenditures, prepare depreciation schedules and fixes assets continuity schedule
- Assist job costing report to ensure project revenues and costs accuracy
- Calculate regulatory filings including WSIB and HST remittances monthly
- Provide accounting research and analysis of complex accounting transactions
- Provide back up support in Accounts Receivable cash payments applications and collections as necessary
- Provide support for external and internal audits by coordinating information requirements
- Support processes aligned with internal control and GAAP standards
- Assist in system implementation, maintenance, and enhancement activities
- Take initiatives to identify new opportunities to add value to the company and ad hoc requirements as assigned
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent MS Skills especially Excel
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and CRM system
- Sage Intacct experience is an asset
- Detail & results oriented with strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Problem solver who can work well with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- Adaptable to change and to accept new responsibilities within the context of the position
Education and work experience requirements:
- University degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- In process of pursuing professional accounting designation is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of staff accountant/general accountant experience in corporate finance or accounting
- Project or manufacture experience would be an asset
At ASTOUND, our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, customers, and the communities we operate exist in a safe, productive, and enriching environment for everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, and other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.