You are a strategic champion for incredible work. The key role of the Vice President, Business Development is to identify best-fit new business opportunities and build client relationships that will increase revenue and expand ASTOUND’s brand presence.
ASTOUND Group is an award-winning design & fabrication house that builds brand expressions, experiences, and environments. Innovation and design thinking are what we do — creating the unexpected for our clients and surpassing the ordinary. Awe-inspiring spaces that promote shared moments and inspirational human interaction sends a thrill down our spines.
We are looking for someone who ‘gets’ clients and digs deep, champions great creative work, who seeks out opportunities and who is a strong and organized leader. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Business Development to join our team.
We’re looking for experienced, detailed, motivated and passionate team players to add to the ASTOUND Management Group. An ideal candidate will have a proven track record of thinking outside of the box when it comes to big, bold, creative, trade show, not afraid to push boundaries, and can rise to any occasion.
- Works with CEO to create departmental V2MOM to align with company goals and values
- Works with COO to create annual department budget and to effectively manage the budget through the year
- Maintains a holistic viewpoint of company goals and how to translate this to BD Department
- Sets an example of excellence in Leadership at the company and within the company
- Builds and trains a world class team of Sales professionals
- Leads and motivates team in the pursuit of consistent world class sales disciples, customer service and seeking new & targeted business development
- Leads team in the pursuit of identifying and targeting the "right" clientele and opportunities and continually maximize new business rate
- Participates in community groups as business leader
- Regularly contributes to content creation initiatives for ASTOUND newsletters and social media
- Seeks out and attends courses on Leadership at respected local institutions
- Upholds ASTOUNDS always values and sets an example for professionalism
- Takes an active interest in company culture and helps organize team building events and initiatives
- Maintains focus on company goals and has intimate understanding of ASTOUND V2MOM
- Leads towards company and department goals
- Attains the assigned overall New Business revenue target for the AE/DBD team
- Attains the assigned overall Repeat Business revenue target for the AE/DBD team
- Focuses on an overall Qualified Opportunity target for the BDE team
- Maintain or improve New Sales win rate
- Builds great relationship with all management teams in all ASTOUND facilities and works inter-departmentally to improve communication and efficiency
- Regularly follows up with client to ensure that they are receiving world class service and support and actions any deficiencies with a performance improvement plan tailored to the client needs
- Supports and coaches the BD team in their opportunities, driving it to a win while minimizing the sales cycle
- Supports and coaches the BD team in stabilizing their newly acquired accounts, particularly within its initial year
- Ensures that all ASTOUND procedures and processes are being followed
- Maintains Account Leadership on select Enterprise level accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or marketing & communications.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional sales & customer experience in B2B environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability that has achieved bottom-line results and inspired performance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with 'Fortune 500' corporations.
- Possesses superior problem-solving capabilities and must be able to demonstrate the ability to produce results given challenging situations.
- Able to work/influence across multiple departments to identify and implement optimal solutions for the organization.
- Excellent client presentation development and presentation skills.
- Successful track record of managing client relationships.
- Ability to converse and interact with C-level client contacts.
- Proven team management and team building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized, with proven delivery of projects on schedule and on budget.