Permanent - Full time
(Remote or Office)
You are a strategic champion for incredible work. You are an entrepreneurial Sales professional and champion for incredible work in the Construction, Architecture, Design and/or custom fabrication industry. You get excited being part of a growing team and having a positive impact to the people, the brand, and the clients. You can pivot between thinking big and diving into the details; you can create a compelling and achievable sales vision to align with sales goals and then roll up your sleeves, dig in and bring that vision to life, and be adept at inspiring and collaborating with an array of stakeholders, from executive leadership to other business teams. You thrive in a fast pace environment where every day brings a new challenge and opportunity. You value humbleness, grit, and perseverance.
Excellence is in your DNA.
ASTOUND Group is an award-winning design & fabrication house that builds brand expressions, experiences, and environments. Innovation and design thinking are what we do — creating the unexpected for our clients and surpassing the ordinary. Awe-inspiring spaces that promote shared moments and inspirational human interaction sends a thrill down our spines.
We are looking for someone who ‘gets’ clients and digs deep, champions great creative work, who seeks out opportunities and who is a strong and organized leader. If that sounds like you, keep reading!
We are currently seeking a Director, Client Partnerships – Architectural Fabrication to join our team.
We’re looking for an experienced, detailed, motivated, and passionate team player to add to the Architectural Sales & Service Team at ASTOUND. In this role, your primary focus is to drive new and existing client relationships/revenues through the effective delivery of ASTOUND’s architectural and project development offerings, working with members of the Architectural Team and the office’s senior leadership to serve as a trusted advisor to the client and an initial conduit into project development. A passion for building trusted and long-term relationships through successful delivery of all facets of a project, is key to your success.
More specifically, on the day to day the Director, Client Partnerships will be given incoming business leads to qualify and manage as well as be expected to use their own network of clients to drive revenue in the architectural portfolio. You will collaborate directly with the Project Development, Design, Estimating and Production Teams in order to complete client proposals. When working on the delivery of a project your day to day contact internally is the Project Manager and Operations Team. As a group you create the account team responsible for client and project success. Individually you are the owner of the client relationship and ensuring client expectations are in alignment with all aspects of the project (price, timelines, deliverables, etc.)
You are ready to play a strategic vital role in the company and help shape and drive growth within the Architectural Fabrication line of work. You are ready to make a difference.
- Reporting to the VP, Client Partnerships you will work closely with him to develop and execute strategic sales plans to drive revenue and meet goals.
- Take ownership of new account acquisition (both self-derived and assigned) and drive the overall sales strategy to bring to a sign-off.
- Effectively manage and grow ASTOUND relationships to ensure all clients’ needs are listened to, understood, and responded to in a timely way, while driving profitable revenue.
- Guide the development, writing and presentation of bid responses and proposals, scopes of work and budgets.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders throughout the sales process and ensure the delivery of a winning proposal.
- Prequalify opportunities by going through a ‘Discovery’ phase with the prospective client to identify whether to pursue the opportunity or not.
- Relentlessly drive client loyalty and growth.
- Guide the development of integrated solutions that leverage ASTOUND offerings and are mutually beneficial for the client and ASTOUND.
- Understand clients’ business and business issues, serving as their trusted advisor
- Ensure client expectations are clearly communicated and in alignment with all aspects of the opportunity (price, timelines, deliverables, etc.)
- Achieve or exceed sales quotas including prospecting and business development goals.
- Enter all contacts and opportunities into Salesforce and maintain 100% accuracy.
- Attend relevant trade associations (e.g., conferences and networking sessions) to generate new sales opportunities and promote the ASTOUND brand in this space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or Business/Equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of professional sales and customer experience in a B2B environment.
- Enthusiastic learner with proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to understand price position and have good financial awareness.
- An understanding of architecture and processes that come with permitted exterior and interior build/ fabrication and installation. Coupled with the ability to read architectural drawings.
- Strong collaboration, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Unimpeachable integrity, self-confidence, a high level of energy, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work in ambiguity and anticipate challenges and solutions before they arise.
- Detail Oriented – you have a keen attention to detail and a “right the first time” mindset.
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines.
- High social and emotional intelligence.
- Passionate about meeting new people, social settings, networking.
- Must have good working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Salesforce knowledge an asset.
- Ability to travel periodically both internationally and domestically.
Please note that these roles and responsibilities may be amended by your manager.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.