Permanent - Full time
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Logistics and Facility Coordinator is to use their skills, knowledge, and experience to oversee the logistical requirements of the shipping department. Working together with the Production Manager, Project Managers, and Installation Managers will work in tandem to ensure all planning and execution of all the pack out, shipping and deliveries portion are all scheduled and managed to requirements.
The Logistics and Facility Coordinator will also coordinate any facilities needs and arrange for servicing, upgrades, building changes or repairs that are required. Manages the budget for repairs and machine maintenance and will schedule all preventative maintenance and keep log of all activities.
- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise logistics, warehouse & transportation.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipment and load planning.
- Respond to any issues
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluate budgets and expenditures.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
- Plan all maintenance and repair activities for monument machinery
- Arrange all facility repairs and upgrades as required
- Working with building manager on making sure all requirements are carried out on yearly services and upgrades.
- Create a partnership with local trade vendors (electricians, plumbers, mechanics) so that needed services can be performed in a timely manner.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of the custom fabrication industry.
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software.
- Experience on facilities management and working with contractors and services
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at that time. The noise level in the work environment varies.
ASTOUND is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.